The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts 37 percent growth of information security analysts from 2012 to 2022 in manufacturing, defense, public administration, healthcare and retail trade industries.
According to Burning Glass Technologies, more than a quarter million cyber security jobs have been posted nationally, which accounts for more than 10 percent of all posted IT jobs.
In the Cyber Threat Intelligence and Defense program of Johnson & Wales University, you’ll discover trends and create behavioral profiles of adversary groups to combat attacks against computers and networks in the public and private sector.
You’ll blend physical reconnaissance and defense with modern information technology techniques, including setting up firewalls, scanning for viruses, and routinely checking for breaches in security.
Learn incident response techniques that detect, scope and respond to internal and external intelligence, decreasing cyber-attackers’ likelihood of success with each intrusion attempt.
You’ll also identify, extract, prioritize and leverage intelligence from advanced persistent threat (APT) intrusions; deploy countermeasures; and gauge the performance of planned and installed enterprise-level information security systems.
Some professions may require additional study, background checks, certifications, licenses, exams and/or experience as required qualifications for employment. Students are responsible for verifying that they can meet the employment requirements of potential employers.
- Computer Forensics & Intrusion Analyst
- Information Systems Security Officer
- Counterintelligence Analyst
- Logistics Analyst
- Cyber Threat Intelligence
- Security Architect/Administrator
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Cyber Security Operations
- Assembly Language Programming
- Software Reverse Engineering
- Computer & Network Forensics
- Active Cyber Defense & Countermeasures
- Wireless Networking
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- Early admission: November 1
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Cyber Security View 1712 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Proof of English proficiency if applicable
- Completed and signed International Student Financial Declaration Form for undergraduate and graduate programs
- Certified bank statement or government sponsorship letter verifying financial support for one academic year
- Copy of biographical section of your valid passport
- Submit Admissions Forms
- Non-U.S. students transferring to JWU from another U.S. post-secondary institution must submit a Transfer Verification Form
International34376 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34376 USD per year during 48 months.
National34376 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34376 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Providence
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.