Many Sociology at McDaniel College employers now realize that liberal arts majors such as sociologists are often better able to think abstractly, formulate problems, ask appropriate questions, get answers, analyze situations and data, organize material, write well and make oral presentations.
Sociology is the study of social life and the social causes and consequences of human behavior. At McDaniel, sociology coursework takes a scientific, humanistic and cross-cultural approach when investigating the structure of groups, organizations and societies. It also analyzes the relationships that unite societies in the world system. Topics of interest to sociology include community life, family patterns and relationships, social change, social movements, intergroup relations, race, gender, social class, the environment, and technology.
The sociology major provides a good foundation for students wishing to pursue professional degrees in social work, education, public health, business administration, and community planning, in addition to law, medicine, and divinity school.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Sociology: A Global Perspective
- The Development of Sociological Theory
- Research Methods in Sociology
- Capstone: Critical Inquiry in Sociology
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesSociology View 1431 other Bachelors in Sociology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- High school transcript: If you cannot secure an official high school transcript, we will gladly accept an unofficial copy that includes grades 9-11. All students are required to submit a final official transcript that demonstrates high school graduation prior to enrollment.
- Personal Essay: Your personal essay helps us become acquainted with you as a person and student, apart from courses and grades. It will also demonstrate your ability to organize your thoughts and express yourself.
- Letter of Recommendation or Common Application Secondary School Report (recommended)
International45876 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 45876 USD per year during 48 months.
National45876 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 45876 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Westminster
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.