At Interior Architecture from Rhode Island School of Design students learn how to investigate and make interior interventions in various forms, while recognizing the importance of social and environmental responsibility within the discipline. Graduates of the program earn a strong academic foundation that uniquely prepares them for graduate studies and professional design practice.
Graduates with Interior Architecture from Rhode Island School of Design will be prepared to:
- evaluate their own individual talents, interests and aptitudes to determine a suitable career path
- navigate a collaborative work environment in order to investigate aspects of interior interventions through conceptual thinking and critical making
- develop design strategies that recognize the importance of social and environmental responsibility
- understand design principles and the tools for implementing them to develop meaningful and coherent design propositions
- recognize the importance of context in the transformation of space and acknowledge its implications in the formulation of design concepts
- articulate design concepts and implement interventions based on the transformation of existing structures
- communicate design ideas through drawings, projections and both physical and digital models
- engage with interior interventions in the field and apply this knowledge in design projects of varying scales
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Interior Studies
- Drawing for Interior Architecture
- Building Materials Exploration
- History of Interior Architecture
- Human Factors
- Building Structures and Systems for Adaptive Reuse
- Spatial Perception: Light and Color
- Advanced Design Studio
- Scheme Detailing
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture Design Interior Design View 348 other Bachelors in Architecture in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application
- Academic transcripts
- The Assignment
- College Essay
- Letter(s) of recommendation
- Test-Optional, SAT and ACT
- English language proficiency tests
International53820 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 53820 USD per year during 48 months.
National53820 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 53820 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Providence
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.