Illustration from Rhode Island School of Design majors engage in a largely self-directed exploration of media as they gain a solid understanding of contemporary themes and concepts. Faculty insist upon keen observation and strong conceptual thinking combined with the mastery of manual skills and techniques needed to convey ideas in a compelling manner.
Graduates with Illustration from Rhode Island School of Design will be prepared to:
- articulate knowledge of art historical precedents and their significance to creating contemporary images
- demonstrate an ability to strengthen meaning by connecting with broader subjective concerns in the viewer's imagination through metaphor, pointed ambiguity and cultural references
- develop insight and criticality in the interpretation and evaluation of visual communication of a broad range of works, with an eye toward civic responsibility and an investment in the important cultural dialogue that is unique to illustration
- demonstrate this artistic consciousness through their own intelligent and sensitive use of symbolism, representations and vernacular in crafting images
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Drawing: Visualizing Space
- Painting: Color Perception and Expression
- Visual Thinking
- History of Illustration
- Spatial Dynamics Visual Strategies
- Illustration Concepts
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Visual Arts Graphic Design View 526 other Bachelors in Graphic Design in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application
- Academic transcripts
- Test-Optional, SAT and ACT
- English language proficiency tests
- The Assignment
- College Essay
- Letter(s) of recommendation
International53820 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 53820 USD per year during 48 months.
National53820 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 53820 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Providence
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.