Film, Animation and Video from Rhode Island School of Design majors work in live action, animation or a hybrid of the two, and have the option of producing films in a wide variety of genres (such as documentary, experimental, narrative) and for diverse outlets (including installations and interactive media).
Graduates with Film, Animation and Video from Rhode Island School of Design will be prepared to:
- demonstrate an understanding of the plasticity of time through techniques such as manipulating sound and visual rhythm to alter the feeling of time passing and convey narrative structure
- articulate their roles and responsibilities as mediators of information
- exhibit competence in at least one of the three forms of live action film, animation or open media
- design and implement individualized creative processes to plan, organize and execute complex projects
- recognize and assess their assumptions, and the implications and practical consequences of those assumptions
- understand experimentation as a form of research
- recognize, develop and refine narratives
- raise and clearly formulate vital questions and problems
- communicate effectively and work with others to find solutions to complex problems
- Spatial Dynamics
- Theory and History of Art and Design: Global Modernisms
- Film Practices
- Video Practices or Animation Practices
- Topics in History, Philosophy and the Social Sciences
- Live Action or Animation
- Open Media
- Time, Light and Sound
- Film Practices or Video Practices
- Animation Practices
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Video Games & Animation View 295 other Bachelors in Video Games & Animation in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Rhode Island School of Design and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Common Application
- Academic transcripts
- Test-Optional, SAT and ACT
- English language proficiency tests
- The Assignment
- College Essay
- Letter(s) of recommendation
International56435 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 56435 USD per year during 48 months.
National56435 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 56435 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Providence
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.