Apparel Design from Rhode Island School of Design is aimed at helping students to develop distinctive voices as creative professionals.
Graduates with Apparel Design from Rhode Island School of Design will be prepared to:
- exhibit the key features of design thinking, including a strong working knowledge of the various modes of researching and concept building, superior design sketching, presentation and portfolio-building skills
- utilize design technologies and demonstrate proficiency in digital pattern cutting, grading and CAD to a level required by Industry
- apply design knowledge of sourcing, material analysis, tailoring and machine knitting to initiate and develop the concept of a fashion collection
- demonstrate design practice to Industry standards through skills in pattern cutting, flat pattern and 3D draping, garment construction and fitting
- utilize a design approach to master effective communication and presentation methodologies, strategic planning and organizational skills
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Apparel Studio
- History of Dress
- Theory and History of Art and Design
- History, Philosophy and the Social Sciences
- Spatial Dynamics
- Spatial Dynamics
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods Fashion Design View 160 other Bachelors in Fashion Design in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application
- Academic transcripts
- The Assignment
- College Essay
- Letter(s) of recommendation
- Test-Optional, SAT and ACT
- English language proficiency tests
International53820 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 53820 USD per year during 48 months.
National53820 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 53820 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Providence
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.