Utilize the experience of mathematics faculty to gain the necessary knowledge in mathematics to craft specific solutions for global problems. Our faculty use powerful tools of optimization and control theory to attack problems arising in modern science and technology. They use mathematical modeling in the flight against HIV by identifying parameters specific to individuals in order to maximize treatment effectiveness.
Why Choose Mathematics?
The Mathematics program at he Fayetteville State University is highly flexible, it is the basis for all natural science subjects and those in the business world. Applied math isn't really a single subject. Depending on how you're going to apply it, you'll get different values. A degree in mathematics will prepare you for jobs in statistics, actuarial sciences, operation analysis, mathematical modeling, and mathematics education, as well as for graduate school.
What Will You Learn?
- Acquire knowledge of selected topics from calculus, linear algebra, geometry, number theory, probability theory, and statistics.
- Understand the mathematical basis of common algorithms, and the ability to calculate accurately and efficiently.
- Communicate mathematical ideas clearly with correct mathematical terminology and proper mathematical notation.
- Solve Math problems using a series of mathematics methods, including numerical analysis, linear algebra, real analysis, and statistics.
- Apply critical thinking and communication skills to address applied problems in practical situations.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Linear Algebra
- Foundations of Mathematics
- Modern Geometry
- History of Mathematics
- Differential Equations
- Modern Algebra
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesMathematics Actuarial Science View 997 other Bachelors in Actuarial Science in United States
- Undergraduate Application for Admission through CFNC.
- $50 non-refundable application fee.
- Official high school transcript.
- Official SAT/ACT scores - Waived for 2021.*
- 250 word personal statement that tells us who you are and why you want to attend FSU. (Required for some majors)
- A completed application for admission and non-refundable $50 application fee.
- A course-by-course evaluation of all secondary and post-secondary transcripts.*
- Proof of Language Proficiency established by presenting one of the below scores (scores should not be more than 2 years old)
- A Certificate of Finances form.
International14590 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14590 USD per year during 48 months.
National14590 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14590 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State2982 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2982 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Fayetteville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.