The successful program completer may also find job opportunities in mental health agencies, developmental programs, family resource programs, and childcare resources and resources programs, and childcare resources and referral agencies.
Why Choose to teach Birth through Kindergarten? Birth to Kindergarten teaching gives you an opportunity to teach young children, work with diverse families, and engage in hands-on-experiences. You will be able to access most of the coursework online and will be qualified for a North Carolina Teaching License.
What Will You Learn?
You will graduate from the Birth through Kindergarten program at the Fayetteville State University with the ability to be a knowledgeable, caring, and reflective practitioner; you will also demonstrate an understanding of:
- child development and learning
- family and community relationships
- research- based developmentally appropriate instructional strategies
- observing, documenting, and assessing the learning of young children
- developing meaningful curriculum
- leading in the classroom and in the schools
- appropriate accommodations and strategies for diverse learners
- instructional strategies that are responsive to all learner needs
- ethical and professional behavior
- integrating technology to enhance instruction
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Teaching the Young Child with Special Needs
- Infant and Toddler Curriculum Development and Field Study
- Family Culture and School
- First Aid and Safety Education
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Special Education Teaching View 484 other Bachelors in Special Education in United States
- Undergraduate Application for Admission through CFNC.
- $50 non-refundable application fee.
- Official high school transcript.
- Official SAT/ACT scores - Waived for 2021.*
- 250 word personal statement that tells us who you are and why you want to attend FSU. (Required for some majors)
- A completed application for admission and non-refundable $50 application fee.
- A course-by-course evaluation of all secondary and post-secondary transcripts.*
- Proof of Language Proficiency established by presenting one of the below scores (scores should not be more than 2 years old)
- A Certificate of Finances form.
International14590 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14590 USD per year during 48 months.
National14590 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14590 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State2982 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2982 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Fayetteville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.