As a Kinesiology major, you’ll study the scientific basis for human movement. You’ll explore physiological, mechanical and psychological principles and theories that relate to fitness and the human body — but you won’t stop there. You’ll create fitness programs and design rehabilitation plans for class projects.
When you graduate, you’ll be prepared for a career as an athletic trainer, a sports manager, a physical education teacher, or a coach. Many of our alumni go on to pursue a doctorate of Physical Therapy or Occupational Therapy. St. Edward’s University offers pre-professional tracks that ensure you’re ready for graduate school.
Athletic Training Emphasis
Athletic trainers motivate others to fulfill athletic goals while practicing principles of injury prevention and rehabilitation. In this track, you will ...
- Study all aspects of human anatomy, physiology and movement
- Work with SEU athletic teams
- Participate in a supervised internship
- Prepare to qualify for the Texas licensure test
Pre-Occupational Therapy Emphasis
Occupational therapy is a health profession whose primary purpose is to help people across the lifespan participate in the things they want and need to do through the therapeutic use of everyday activities (occupations). In this track, you will...
- Experience how movements are learned and how the capacity for movement changes over the life-span
- Learn how to design and implement appropriate activities for individuals with special needs and limitations
- Explore the principles and techniques to plan, implement, document, and evaluate the efficacy of therapeutic exercise
Pre-Physical Therapy Emphasis
Physical therapists optimize health and function through the assessment, identification, and correction of acute or prolonged movement dysfunction. In this track, you will ...
- Identify, prevent and correct movement dysfunction
- Study scientific topics as they relate to the human body, exercise, and rehabilitation
- Design rehabilitation plans
- Learn how to motivate individuals through fitness and wellness plans
Sports Management Emphasis
This track prepares you for a diversity of roles in the areas of sports marketing, facility management and planning, human resources, strategic planning, sport finance and facility design. In this track, you will ...
- Learn about the science and management of kinesiology in relation to sport programs
- Develop a fundamental understanding of business administration
- Study the management of kinesiology and sports programs
What do our graduates do?
Kinesiology majors go on to a variety of careers and graduate schools from St. Edward’s. Here’s a sample.
- Health promotions specialist for Chevron in San Ramon, Calif.
- Account executive for the Connecticut Sun WNBA team
- Athletic director of an Austin Catholic school, grades PreK–8
- Graduate teaching fellow at KIPP Texas Public Schools
- Rehabilitation services technician at Seton Healthcare Family in Austin
- Sales manager for a medical device company
- Physical Therapy student at the University of Kansas Medical Center
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Kinesiology and Sport Sciences
- Physical Activity, Recreation and Sports for Special Populations
- Prevention and Treatment of Athletic Injuries
- Concepts of Physical Fitness and Wellness
- Management of Kinesiology and Sports Programs
- Exercise Physiology
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysiotherapy Health Sciences Sports Sciences View 875 other Masters in Sports Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online application.
- $50 application fee (waived if you apply by the early or priority deadline).
- High school transcripts.
- SAT or ACT scores.
- TOEFL, IELTS or the Duolingo English Test.
- Academic recommendation form.
International48326 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 48326 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National48326 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 48326 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.