Courses present the basic tools of Music theory (counterpoint, harmony and analysis) and knowledge of music history and offer experience in composition.
Performance in chamber ensembles, chorus and/or jazz band is encouraged, and to that end, credit is offered to both majors and minors studying an instrument with a private instructor.
At Yeshiva University , students must meet with the senior faculty member to discuss her area of concentration and plan an appropriate course of study: Theoryand Composition, Literature and Materials or Performance (ensembles and applied musical studies).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- The Sense of Music
- Music of the Middle Ages and the Renaissance
- Music in the Baroque and Classical Eras
- Music in the Romantic and Modern Era
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic View 2096 other Masters in Music in United States
- Completed Application
- $65 Application Fee: Payment can be processed in the personal application portal.
- Resume/Extracurricular Activity List: Please upload a resume or extracurricular activity list that details your extracurricular involvement, internships and work experience at school and in your community.
- Standardized Exams: SAT/ACT: The SAT I or ACT is required for any international students applying to the Honors Programs. Yeshiva University does not require the writing section on the SAT or ACT.
- English Proficiency Exams
- Official High School Transcript
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Interview with a YU Admissions Officer
International43575 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 43575 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National43575 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 43575 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.