Undergraduate and graduate programs are offered to students who are pursuing elementary/early childhood education as a profession and to certified teachers who want to enhance their professional development and practice through graduate study.
Elementary Education students completing all requirements for this major will be recommended for the P-3 certification with the endorsement to teach young children with disabilities in New Jersey. They will be prepared to teach all subjects in the given grades using research-based, best practices.
In addition to the University Core Curriculum requirements and a second liberal arts or sciences major, students must also complete the following professional program to be recommended for P-3 TSD teaching certification. It is expected that all courses and field experiences in the professional preparation program will be completed at the University, with the exception of waivers granted by the early childhood faculty on a case by case basis or courses accepted through established institutional articulation agreements. Candidates are required have submitted official qualifying score on the Praxis Core, SATs or ACTs prior to beginning professional sequence Education coursework. The Early Childhood Content Knowledge praxis must be past before clinical practice (official scores must be received from ETS by August 1 for Fall or January 1 for Spring).
William Paterson University of New Jersey is a public institution that offers an outstanding and affordable education to a diverse traditional and nontraditional student body through baccalaureate, graduate and continuing education programs.
The University's distinguished teachers, scholars and professionals actively challenge students to high levels of intellectual and professional accomplishment and personal growth in preparation for careers, advanced studies and productive citizenship. Faculty and staff use innovative approaches to research, learning and student support to expand students’ awareness of what they can accomplish.
- Diversity and Equity in Schools
- Early Childhood Field Experience
- The Early Childhood Classroom Environment
- Emergent Literacy in Early Childhood Education
- Practicum in Early Childhood Education
- Math and Science in Early Childhood Education
- Creative Arts and Children's Literature in Early Childhood Education
- Curriculum Planning and Assessment in Early Childhood Education
- Teaching as a Profession
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Primary Education View 2848 other Bachelors in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at William Paterson University of New Jersey and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- To be enrolled as a freshman, you must have the equivalent of a U.S. high school diploma and have never attended a college or university. Admission for international students is based on a review of the appropriate educational documents as well as proficiency in English as measured by the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Testing System (IELTS).
- As part of the application process, you must have your international transcript evaluated into U.S. credits. Although it is not required for international students, we strongly recommend taking and submitting scores for the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) and/ or American College Test (ACT). To be considered for certain majors and/or merit scholarships, the SAT and/or ACT is required.
International23192 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11596 USD per semester during 48 months.
National23192 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11596 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State14192 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7096 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Passaic
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.