The College of Visual and Performing Arts at Winthrop University offers nationally accredited programs in art, design, theatre, dance, and music, and provides academically challenging instruction in an interdisciplinary environment that inspires and prepares the next generation of artists, educators, scholars, and audiences. We promote intellectual inquiry and collaborative opportunities that encourage each student to develop a uniquely creative vision cultivated through artistry, teaching, scholarship, public performance, and community engagement.
The B.F.A. Program in Interior Design equips students to meet the ever-changing needs and challenges of the 21st Century by preparing them professionally to gain a working knowledge of art and design principles, skills and applications, to develop problem-solving and creative/critical thinking skills in conjunction with visual, oral and written communication skills, and to create an awareness of historical and contemporary perspectives in art and design.
Due to the prescriptive nature of the INDS curriculum, the Interior Design faculty have identified the first semester senior year as the most appropriate time for students to take part in a study abroad experience (in addition to multiple summer study options). Through a combination of studio, language and humanities courses at the abroad institution and Winthrop distance learning, students are able to study abroad without delaying graduation.
Winthrop University provides personalized and challenging undergraduate, graduate, and continuing professional education programs of national caliber within a context dedicated to public service to the nation and to the State of South Carolina. Winthrop's longtime commitment to be among the very best institutions of its kind in the nation continually guides the mission of the university.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Design Drawing
- Design Studio Skills
- Design and Color
- Visual Thinking & Symbolic Communication
- Intro to Computer Imaging
- Interior Design Fundamentals
- Interior Design & Architecture History I
- Spatial Analysis and Theory I
- Presentation Techniques I
- CAD for Interior Design
- Textiles and Materials
- Interior Design & Architecture History II
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Interior Design View 178 other Bachelors in Interior Design in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Undergraduate applicants (beginning freshmen and transfers) must submit official transcripts, mark sheets and examination certificates in their native language for all secondary and/or postsecondary coursework, along with certified, literal (exact) English translations for documents not originally issued in English.
- Official and original results of any standardized tests, such as SAT and ACT examinations
- Official documentation of English proficiency (see specific English language requirements below).
- A non-refundable application fee of U.S. $60 must accompany the application.
- A clear photocopy of identity page of passport (to ensure correct spelling of applicant's name and verification of birthdate).
International29636 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14818 USD per semester during 48 months.
National29636 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14818 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State15306 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7653 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Rock Hill
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.