The College of Visual and Performing Arts at Winthrop University offers nationally accredited programs in art, design, theatre, dance, and Music , and provides academically challenging instruction in an interdisciplinary environment that inspires and prepares the next generation of artists, educators, scholars, and audiences. We promote intellectual inquiry and collaborative opportunities that encourage each student to develop a uniquely creative vision cultivated through artistry, teaching, scholarship, public performance, and community engagement.
Our faculty is composed of working professional artists and scholars who share a passion for teaching and who strongly believe that the arts serve as an expression of our culture’s values and heritage. The College of Visual and Performing Arts’ long-standing tradition as a center for quality creative expression and Winthrop University’s commitment to arts education and outreach combine to create a rich artistic environment that inspires students to achieve their academic and artistic goals.
Winthrop University provides personalized and challenging undergraduate, graduate, and continuing professional education programs of national caliber within a context dedicated to public service to the nation and to the State of South Carolina. Winthrop's longtime commitment to be among the very best institutions of its kind in the nation continually guides the mission of the university.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Piano Class I-II
- Introduction to Music Technology
- Music Theory I-IV
- Aural Skills I-IV
- History of Music to 1750
- Hist of Music from 1750-1900
- Music Since 1900
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic Music History View 2255 other Bachelors in Music in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Undergraduate applicants (beginning freshmen and transfers) must submit official transcripts, mark sheets and examination certificates in their native language for all secondary and/or postsecondary coursework, along with certified, literal (exact) English translations for documents not originally issued in English.
- Official and original results of any standardized tests, such as SAT and ACT examinations
- Official documentation of English proficiency (see specific English language requirements below).
- A non-refundable application fee of U.S. $60 must accompany the application.
- A clear photocopy of identity page of passport (to ensure correct spelling of applicant's name and verification of birthdate).
International29636 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14818 USD per semester during 48 months.
National29636 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14818 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State15306 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7653 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Rock Hill
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.