Our liberal arts curriculum allows students to view the world through a theatrical lens while developing skills that are vital for life. Marist’s location to New York City provides students with the opportunity to experience professional theatre and complete various internships. Students are also encouraged to take advantage of study abroad, exploring the arts in international settings.
- To increase the student’s appreciation and understanding of the literary, pragmatic, rhetorical, and dramatic uses of language.
- To develop the student’s ability to write effectively in a variety of situations.
- To help the student become more receptive to the many-sided pleasures of reading, writing, and oral presentation.
- To enable the student to see how literary and nonliterary texts illuminate the complexity of human experience.
- To heighten the student’s awareness of the moral and ethical implications of literary and nonliterary texts.
- To foster the student’s intellectual, aesthetic, and professional creativity.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Marist College offers a major in English with a concentration in Theatre. Students take a combination of Acting I, Stagecraft, Acting II, Global Drama, Directing, Playwriting, Acting III, Shakespeare, and electives in related fields.
- The goal of the major is two-fold: to train students in the practical aspects of theatre while developing skills that can be applied to a host of career paths.
- Our graduates pursue careers in law, marketing, business, publishing, television, advertising, human resources, education, writing, and casting, to name a few.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Early Decision: November 15th
- Early Action: November 15th
- Early Decision 2: February 1st
DisciplinesLanguages Literature Theatre & Dance View 2527 other Bachelors in Languages in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application: You can choose between the Marist Application (online or print) or Common Application
- Secondary school transcript(s)
- SAT/ACT scores: Marist is a test-optional school, but you can still submit your scores for consideration
- One Letter of Recommendation: Counselor letter of recommendation is required.
- Personal essay
- Any supplemental materials: Check if your desired program requires application supplements
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International43410 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 43410 USD per year during 48 months.
National43410 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 43410 USD per year during 48 months.
Health Insurance: $3,275
Living costs for Poughkeepsie
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.