The English program of Capital University offers three majors — Literature, Creative Writing and Professional Writing/Journalism — that prepare students to use the English language effectively in a number of areas.
Although different in focus, the majors have important common components through their grounding in language and literary studies. Many students have more than one major or a combination of a major and minor from the English department.
Where you'll go: careers and placement
Well-read creatives with excellent writing skills are always in demand in the marketplace. Whether they choose to enter the workforce right after graduation, or to pursue a graduate degree in virtually any discipline, our graduates are prepared for meaningful work and lives of positive impact. Here is a sampling of what some of them are doing now:
- Book editor
- College administrator
- Copy editor
- Digital media producer
- Director of public relations
- High school teacher
- Managing editor
- Marketing specialist
- Public relations consultant
- Social worker
- Sports information director
- Sports writer
- Systems designer
- Technical writer
- University professor
- U.S. Army officer
- U.S. Naval officer
- Basic Writing
- Writing for International Students
- British Literature
- Banned Books
- English Language
- Renaissance Literature
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
- ongoing admission for national
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Journalism View 3231 other Bachelors in Language Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Your online application, or complete the Common Application.
- Official external examination results
- Official high school transcripts (Please submit original or certified copies of the records in the original language and of English translations of the records. Photocopies or facsimiles will not be accepted.)
- Official post-secondary education record. If you are transferring to Capital University from a university in the United States, you will need to submit your official college record/transcript in a sealed envelope.
- For international students currently on an I-20 from another U.S school, you will need to provide a copy of the front and back of an I-20 form, visa page, and other immigration documents (form I-20 or DS-2019, etc).
- Official TOEFL or IELTS score report.
- For F-1 visa students, proof of funds to study in the form of current bank statements or an Affidavit of Support (PDF).
- Photocopy of your passport identification page.
International39900 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 39900 USD per year during 48 months.
National39900 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 39900 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Columbus
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.