Investment theory, corporate finance, following the flow of money and anticipating its value — all while interest rates, shares and prices shift in the marketplace (ours and the world’s): This is the world of financial economics.
It’s both art and science. It’s not for the faint of heart. But it’s relevant, at times breathtaking, and many would argue it’s one of the most powerful forces in the world.
So if you have a gift for numbers, you’re enticed by testing the limits of theory, and you’re not afraid to make important decisions when variables can be predicted, but never known with complete certainty, then the Financial Economics program of Capital University will prepare you for a career you love.
What you'll learn
Under close guidance of professors who are Ph.D.s in the field, and of executive professors who have successful careers in corporate finance, investment, financial institutions or financial consulting, you’ll explore the fundamentals of economic and finance theory. You’ll understand macro and microeconomics, financial asset markets, corporate finance and financial institutions large and small that influence and play a critical role in shaping the real economy.
When you graduate, you’ll be comfortable applying economic theory and financial analysis to decision-making in business environments. Successful completion of the program prepares a student for a wide range of career opportunities in finance and the public sector.
Where you'll go
Graduates of our financial economics major are working in various industries, including include financial institutions like major banks, insurance companies and mutual funds; in corporate finance, brokerage house, financial consulting firms and government agencies. They also move on to do graduate work in finance and at top M.B.A. programs.
Success in this program and in this career requires a passion and interest in the subject. You’ll need solid mathematics skills. You’ll need to be comfortable with economics and financial analysis skills, and you'll need a good grasp of related business areas. Here’s what some of our recent graduates are doing now:
- Financial analyst at Limited Brands
- Retirement benefit specialist at AXA Advisors
- Portfolio risk specialist at Huntington
- Underwriter at JPMorgan Chase
- Retirement plan advisor at Retirement Plans, Inc.
- Associate vice president, JPMorgan Chase
- Centralized Lending Team analyst at JPMorgan Chase
- Junior consultant, Sun Mountain International
- Director of purchasing at EliteFTS.com
- Ph.D. student in Finance at University of Texas at San Antonio
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Personal Finance
- Financial Accounting Fundamentals
- Managerial Accounting
- Professional Development
- Intermediate Accounting
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEconomics Finance Actuarial Science View 1080 other Masters in Finance in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete and submit online application.
- Submit all academic transcripts, certificates, diplomas (including secondary and post-secondary).
- Submit Admission Test Scores: Students must have a TOEFL score of at least 61 iBT or an IELTS score of 6. To be considered for a higher scholarship award, ACT or SAT is recommended.
- Submit a copy of your passport identification page
International37978 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37978 USD per year during 48 months.
National37978 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37978 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Columbus
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.