Within each area, at Lewis and Clark College on the Religious Studies program you will explore such issues as the nature and social context of religious texts; the development of religious doctrines in situations of both cooperation and contestation; the dynamic relations among religious, political, economic, and cultural life; the role of religion in constructions of gender, race, and class; and patterns of change within religious communities.
We also investigate the very idea of religion and the varied ways peoplereligious practitioners as well as secular scholarshave sought to understand this category of human thought and action.
- develop sufficient familiarity with three religious traditions to
- describe their beliefs, history, and practice, their historical and geographical diversity, and their interaction with institutions, groups, and individuals,
- identify and analyze their manifestations in text and culture,
- participate in debates regarding the critical issues associated with their study, and
- describe and analyze their relationships with other religious traditions.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Apocalyptic Imagination
- History and Theory
- Islam in the Modern World
- Religions of the Northwest
- Seminar: Islamic Law
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology Ancient History Islamic Studies View 804 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Secondary School Report
- Teacher Recommendation completed by a teacher who has taught you in an academic course (English, mathematics, science, foreign language, history, or social studies) in 10th-12th grade
- Personal essay/statement
- Leadership, community service and work experience, and extracurricular involvements
- Expressed interest in the college or personal interview (interviews are recommended, but not required)
- SAT or ACT scores, if submitted. Please see our Test-Optional Policy.
International54832 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 54832 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National54832 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 54832 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.