Coursework includes speaking, listening, reading, and writing in Spanish, as well as the study of a broad spectrum of textual analysis, from pre-Columbian Mesoamerican to contemporary Latin culture in the U.S. Studying Spanish prepares students for eight of Lewis & Clark’s overseas programs.
By majoring in Hispanic Studies at Lewis and Clark College, students become immersed in one of the oldest and richest Romance languages, and in a culture with roots in antiquity.
- To attain Advanced Low level in the student’s primary or major foreign language (according to standards set out by the American Council for the Teaching of Foreign Languages, ACTFL) in reading, writing, aural comprehension and speaking.
- To attain, if minoring or studying a secondary foreign language, an ACTFL level of intermediate high in this language.
- To gain a background in the literary, linguistic and cultural histories of another country.
- To use critical skills to analyze literary and cultural texts.
- To achieve cultural competency through living in another cultural and linguistic environment.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Beginning Spanish
- Intermediate Spanish
- Hispanic Literature in Translation
- Intermediate Conversational Spanish
- Cultural Production of the Spanish-Speaking World
- Advanced Conversational Spanish
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Language Studies Languages View 1951 other Masters in Languages in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Secondary School Report
- Teacher Recommendation completed by a teacher who has taught you in an academic course (English, mathematics, science, foreign language, history, or social studies) in 10th-12th grade
- Personal essay/statement
- Leadership, community service and work experience, and extracurricular involvements
- Expressed interest in the college or personal interview (interviews are recommended, but not required)
- SAT or ACT scores, if submitted. Please see our Test-Optional Policy.
International54832 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 54832 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National54832 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 54832 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.