The French program at the Reed College offers a wide range of literary interests and critical attitudes. The course offerings, organized mostly by genre, cover all important periods and movements in French and Francophone literature.
In addition to the general course offerings, seminars are available on special topics, and independent studies may be arranged. Recent seminar topics have included contemporary French poetry, French feminist theory, surrealism in literature and the other arts, Rousseau, Flaubert, and French cinema.
- First-Year French
- French Literature and Culture of the Middle Ages
- Early Modern French Literature and Culture
- Nineteenth-Century French Literature and Culture
- French Narrative and the Novel Prior to Realism
- Late Twentieth-Century French Fiction
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguages View 2526 other Bachelors in Languages in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application
- Reed Writing Supplement
- Self-reported SAT or ACT scores if available (neither will be used in our evaluation)
- School Report (completed by your counselor; this form is available through the Common Application)
- Counselor recommendation
- Official high school transcripts
- Official college transcripts (for any college you have attended, whether or not you want credit for those courses at Reed)
- Two Teacher Evaluations (from two different academic disciplines; must be different from the counselor recommendation, as well)
- Early Decision Agreement
- (ED I and ED II applicants only, must be signed by the applicant, parent/guardian, and high school counselor)
International62420 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 62420 USD per year during 48 months.
National62420 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 62420 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Portland
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.