Develop a strong background in composition, literature, and languages. Gain skills in composition and computer applications for creating content. Study Grammar, Shakespeare, and Literary Criticism. Try out creative writing, and graphic communication. Leave prepared to teach composition, literature, and speech in secondary schools.
Upon completion of the English Education program at Dakota State University, students will:
- Have followed a specific curriculum and will have met appropriate performance assessments for pre-service English language arts teachers
- Be able to adopt and strengthen professional attitudes needed by English language arts teachers through modeling, advisement, instruction, field experiences, assessment of performance, and involvement in professional organizations
- Be knowledgeable about language; literature; oral, visual, and written literacy; print and non-print media; technology; and research theory and findings
- Acquire and demonstrate the dispositions and skills needed to integrate the knowledge of English language arts, students, and teaching
- Computer Hardware, Data Communications and Networking
- Literature for Young Adults
- Applied Grammar
- Multicultural Literature
- Contemporary Shakespeare
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Language Studies Languages View 2849 other Bachelors in Education in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Dakota State University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
In order to demonstrate your academic ability to meet the academic challenges at DSU, you’ll need to meet at least one of the following requirements:
- Maintain an above-average academic record at least equivalent to a "B-" (2.60 on a 4.00 GPA scale)
- Be in the top 60% of your class
- Get an ACT composite score of 18 or above, or get an SAT score of 950 or above with subscores of at least 480 on the Math and 450 on the Critical Reading
Submit original academic transcripts
- Your academic transcripts need to be originals or official certified true copies. If your transcripts are not in English, certified true translations must be attached.
Be proficient in English
- If you’re not a native speaker of English, you must demonstrate proficiency in English
International11936 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5968 USD per semester during 48 months.
National11936 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5968 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State8834 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4417 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Madison
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.