Understand the fundamentals of education. Use the scientific method to orchestrate experiments. Conduct an undergraduate research project. Work in remarkable laboratories.
To give you the most out of your program, we embed a K-12 Technology endorsement in every education degree, allowing our students to teach computer classes post-graduation. You’ll also complete observation courses and a yearlong student teaching residency; giving you experience in classroom management, Common Core State Standards, teaching methods, and more.
Upon completion of the Biology Education program from Dakota State University, students will:
- Have a basic knowledge of the principles of biology
- Be able to apply their knowledge of biological principles and the scientific method of inquiry to solve new problems
- Have a high degree of proficiency in the use of computer technology
- Be able to communicate their knowledge and results effectively
- Create a safe and respectful learning environment with an awareness of developmental levels and needs of learners
- Demonstrate professional dispositions of effective teachers to positively impact student learning while contributing to the well-being of their district
- Cell and Molecular Biology
- Vertebrate Zoology
- Conservation Biology
- Aquatic Biology
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Biology Genetics View 3130 other Bachelors in Biology in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Dakota State University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
In order to demonstrate your academic ability to meet the academic challenges at DSU, you’ll need to meet at least one of the following requirements:
- Maintain an above-average academic record at least equivalent to a "B-" (2.60 on a 4.00 GPA scale)
- Be in the top 60% of your class
- Get an ACT composite score of 18 or above, or get an SAT score of 950 or above with subscores of at least 480 on the Math and 450 on the Critical Reading
Submit original academic transcripts
- Your academic transcripts need to be originals or official certified true copies. If your transcripts are not in English, certified true translations must be attached.
Be proficient in English
- If you’re not a native speaker of English, you must demonstrate proficiency in English
International11936 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5968 USD per semester during 48 months.
National11936 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5968 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State8834 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4417 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Madison
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.