Our courses emphasize the activity of thinking with ideas, as opposed to learning content by rote memorization. They develop the analytical and reasoning skills that not only prepare students to be mathematicians, but also serve students well no matter what they do in life. We strive to give students an appreciation for the culture of mathematics as revealed through its history, the beauty of its ideas, and its particular way of knowing, which sets mathematics apart from all other disciplines.
Mathematics Major Learning Outcomes
Students who successfully complete a Mathematics program at Allegheny College are expected to:
- Achieve mastery of a rich and diverse set of mathematical ideas, with particular emphasis on the ideas of algebra and analysis;
- Achieve an understanding of mathematical abstraction and the nature of mathematical proofs, including the ability to read and write proofs;
- Communicate mathematics both orally and in writing;
- Think analytically and creatively to create mathematical models of real world problems, analyze them, and interpret the analysis.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Vector Calculus and Several Variable Integration
- Optimization and Approximation OR
- Ordinary Differential Equations
- Linear Algebra
- Algebraic Structures
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics Mathematics Actuarial Science View 1345 other Bachelors in Physics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- High School Transcript & College Course Transcripts
- Standardized Test Scores
- English Proficiency Scores
- Counselor Recommendation / School Report
- Teacher Recommendation
International50480 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 50480 USD per year during 48 months.
National50480 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 50480 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Meadville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.