In the first three semesters of this Bachelor in Architecture program at Wentworth Institute of Technology, you will get a broad introduction to the field of architecture, which serves as the foundation for all three concentrations. Lecture courses convey an overview of the discipline's history, theory, technology and practice; experiential studio courses focus on design fundamentals, graphic skills and a conceptual understanding of building tectonics. Wentworth's emphasis on both the art and the science of architecture is stressed throughout this introductory curriculum.
In the next five semesters, you will build on the skills and knowledge gained in the first three semesters, while engaging in more complex and varied studio topics, such as tectonics, site and environment, comprehensive design and community design. You will also study topics such as structures, environmental systems and professional practice. Our experienced faculty will encourage you to form connections between subjects and develop a well-synthesized approach to design.
Focus in on an Area of Particular Interest
The Bachelor of Science in Architecture program offers three areas of concentration – Adaptive Interventions, Emerging Technologies and Urbanism – that allow you to pursue a specific focus in their study of architecture. The core architectural education is similar across concentrations, and all achieve the same learning outcomes. All students are required to select a concentration at the end of their first semester in sophomore year.
- Adaptive Interventions – Investigates architecture as a discipline with a primary focus on interventions into contingent existing conditions. Adaptive re-use, regenerative urbanism, sustainability, critical regionalism and related strategies are addressed at scales ranging from the individual building to the urban environment.
- Emerging Technologies – Explores the material nature of architecture, the craft of building and the role of emerging technologies as they inform the design process. Emphasizes the broad architectural and cultural implications of technology and advances an ethos of research through making.
- Urbanism – Focuses on the influence of the arts and humanities, ecology and landscape, economics and politics, and society on design at the urban scale. Challenges students to explore the representation of complex social, cultural and ecological systems as a form of research, offering the skills and insights necessary to collaborate across disciplinary boundaries and provide leadership in reshaping our cities.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- College Mathematics
- English Sequence
- IDP Registration
- Co-op Work Term
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture View 338 other Bachelors in Architecture in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application Form
- $50 application fee
- Written Personal Statement
- A Copy of Your Passport
- Optional – SAT and/or ACT Scores
- Letter of Recommendation
- Official Transcripts of Secondary Education
- English Proficiency
- Declaration and Certification of Finances: International applicants must complete the Financial Information Form and document their ability to meet all educational and personal expenses. (Form I-20)
- Declaration and Certification of Finances (required if you will need an immigration document from Wentworth): Students must provide proof of funding for at least the equivalent to USD $65,190 for residential students and USD $66,518 for commuter students. The U.S. Consulate will require the same documentation, we suggest you obtain two (2) original letters, one for your records and one for us. We will not accept photocopies or faxes of financial documentation.
International32850 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1095 USD per credit during 48 months.
National32850 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1095 USD per credit during 48 months.
Living costs for Boston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.