Our courses and faculty share a strong global orientation, enabling students to gain an understanding of politics on all five continents.
We also take a multidisciplinary approach to political science, integrating it with material drawn from philosophy, law, economics, sociology, history, and other disciplines. The result is a political science degree of extraordinary academic breadth and richness. Multicultural and multidisciplinary, it is truly a liberal arts education for the 21st century.
Political science majors can choose to minor in Africana Studies, Law Studies, or Philosophy.
Graduates from the Political Science program of Delaware State University enter the job market with a set of adaptable, marketable skills. They are proficient writers, excellent critical thinkers, and outstanding researchers. Through their studies, they develop an ability to synthesize multiple perspectives and insights into a single, balanced point of view.
The degree offers excellent preparation for graduate school in political science or a related discipline, as well as advanced degrees in law, business, journalism, or education. Graduates may go directly into the work force in education, or any type of career that involves writing or research.
- Political Science
- American National Government
- Comparative Government
- International Politics
- Contemporary Political Ideologies
- Global Societies
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , National
International students should apply no later than 90 days prior to the Fall and Spring semesters.
DisciplinesPolitical Science View 1411 other Bachelors in Political Science in United States
- A certificate or diploma from an accredited four-year school or senior high school.
- A minimum GPA of 2.0 or better on a 4.0 scale.
- Take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), which is required if English is not your native language.
- Submit the three-section test. DSU requires test scores of 800 on the SAT (math and critical reading combined), test scores of 880 or above on the 2016 redesigned SAT, or a 17 or better composite score on the ACT.
- Have transcripts evaluated by the World Education Service (WES) or Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE) and then forwarded by the evaluating organization to the Office of Admissions.
- Submit an I-20 Application, a F-1 Student Seeking Financial Statement and an Affidavit of Support for Free Room & Board.
- The University will also consider international applicants who have taken the General Education Development (GED) test.
International16960 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8480 USD per semester during 48 months.
National16960 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8480 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State7038 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3519 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Dover
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.