As a Sociology major or minor, you examine complex issues from many intellectual, ethical and intercultural perspectives. You explore a topic, issue or problem using the conceptual framework and tools of multiple disciplines. You might double major or design your own unique major, or pursue a certificate from one of the Connecticut College interdisciplinary centers.
You are encouraged to take advantage of study away opportunities and to pursue research. If you have a deep interest in a given topic, you can undertake an honors study -- an in-depth, yearlong research project done in close coordination with a faculty member.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Urban Sociology
- Race, Gender And The Mass Media
- Immigration In An Urban Context
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSociology View 1355 other Masters in Sociology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application
- School report: includes (1) college counselor recommendation, (2) official secondary school transcript with first term (quarter or trimester) grades for the current academic year and (3) mid-year report with updated grades as soon as they are available
- Two academic teacher recommendations (preferably from junior or senior year)
- Common Application Early Decision Agreement Form for EDI & EDII applicants (signed by ED applicant, college counselor and parent or legal guardian) submitted via your Common Application account
- If English is not your native language: the TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE is required.
- All non-US citizens must submit a Certification of Finances for International Students (pdf)
International75315 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 75315 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National75315 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 75315 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.