The Art Education program of Delaware State University combines strong academics with practical teaching experience in real-world classrooms. Because of Delaware State’s strong reputation for teacher preparation, our Art Education graduates compete very effectively in the job market. The Art Education degree also offers excellent preparation for postgraduate study.
Upon completing the Bachelor of Art Education degree, graduates are certified to teach in the state of Delaware and all states that have reciprocal agreements with Delaware. The program includes a supervised 12-week student teaching placement during the senior year. In addition, students take coursework in
- developmental psychology
- multicultural education
- methods and materials for elementary and secondary art teachers
- art for special education
- classroom management
- Art Education Theory and Practice
- 2 D-Design
- Intermediate Drawing
- Art History
- Art for Special Education
- Effective Teaching
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , National
International students should apply no later than 90 days prior to the Fall and Spring semesters.
DisciplinesVisual Arts Art Education View 259 other Bachelors in Art Education in United States
- A certificate or diploma from an accredited four-year school or senior high school.
- A minimum GPA of 2.0 or better on a 4.0 scale.
- Take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), which is required if English is not your native language.
- Submit the three-section test. DSU requires test scores of 800 on the SAT (math and critical reading combined), test scores of 880 or above on the 2016 redesigned SAT, or a 17 or better composite score on the ACT.
- Have transcripts evaluated by the World Education Service (WES) or Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE) and then forwarded by the evaluating organization to the Office of Admissions.
- Submit an I-20 Application, a F-1 Student Seeking Financial Statement and an Affidavit of Support for Free Room & Board.
- The University will also consider international applicants who have taken the General Education Development (GED) test.
International16960 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8480 USD per semester during 48 months.
National16960 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8480 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State7038 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3519 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Dover
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.