The Connecticut College goal is to sharpen your critical appreciation of Italy and also your own native culture -- and to prepare you for a career in an increasingly global landscape. We encourage you to think broadly and pursue independent studies. Recent students have gone abroad to research a variety of issues, including the emergence of feminist centers in Italy and how China's expanding market is threatening the stability of the Italian fashion industry. Other students have secured internships in Italy to study such topics as the promotion of alternative energy in Italy. Ultimately our goal is to teach those skills that are necessary for students aspiring to grow into bold inquisitive young scholars, prepared professionals and global citizens.
International opportunities and study abroad
We encourage you to spend either a semester or a year in Venice, Bologna, Florence, Siena, Perugia, Rome or Palermo. You might also travel abroad with classmates and Connecticut College professors for a semester in Italy through the College's Study Away Teach Away program.
We want you to follow your passions. Students have combined Italian Studies with interests in film, art, art history, architecture, fashion, design, literature, music, international politics, economics, history, sociology, gender studies, religion and anthropology. You can also pursue a certificate from the College's interdisciplinary Toor Cummings Center for International Studies and the Liberal Arts or our museum studies program.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Intermediate Italian
- Italian Language: History, Usage And Structure
- Topics In Italian Studies
- The Renaissance in Italy
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Language Studies View 1858 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application
- School report: includes (1) college counselor recommendation, (2) official secondary school transcript with first term (quarter or trimester) grades for the current academic year and (3) mid-year report with updated grades as soon as they are available
- Two academic teacher recommendations (preferably from junior or senior year)
- Common Application Early Decision Agreement Form for EDI & EDII applicants (signed by ED applicant, college counselor and parent or legal guardian) submitted via your Common Application account
- If English is not your native language: the TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE is required.
- All non-US citizens must submit a Certification of Finances for International Students (pdf)
International75315 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 75315 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National75315 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 75315 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.