In seminars, advanced studios and interdisciplinary courses, students work with the rich possibilities afforded by understanding fibers in relation to other disciplines including sculpture, performance, installation, drawing, and architecture. The Fibers program is offered by Massachusetts College of Art and Design.
Emphasis is placed on making personally meaningful connections between traditional approaches to fiber and contemporary developments in art, artisanry, and design.
- Develop skill and an understanding of the importance of craftsmanship
- Understand a wide range of approaches and methodologies to problem solving
- Develop good working habits & self discipline
- Develop cross disciplinary awareness
- Develop an understanding of conceptual, symbolic and metaphoric issues
- Develop an awareness of historical, contemporary, cross-cultural issues and artists working in their field
Massachusetts College of Art and Design is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Inc. through its Commission on Institutions of Higher Education, and is also an accredited institutional member of the National Association of Schools of Art and Design. Inquiries regarding the accreditation status should be directed to the college’s administrative staff.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Vietnam – Art and Culture
- Flexible Structures
- Intro to Weaving
- Surface Design on Fabric: Resist
- Paper Making
- Surface Design: Print
- Intro to Fibers
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods Art History View 1060 other Bachelors in Art History in United States
- Application form and $70 application fee
- Official transcripts
- Official English language proficiency exam scores
- Two letters of recommendation
- Résumé / list of activities
- Proof of graduation
- Declaration and Verification of Finances (for student visa)
International39800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 39800 USD per year during 48 months.
National39800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 39800 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State14200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14200 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Boston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.