You can pursue a degree in chemistry or Biochemistry with professional certification from the American Chemical Society in either one. We also offer an interdisciplinary major in biochemistry, cellular and molecular biology — a popular choice for pre-med students because it covers most of the requirements for the Medical College Admissions Test. Most of our chemistry majors go on graduate programs in the sciences or professional programs in health-related fields.
You have many opportunities for research at Connecticut College through coursework and summer internships on and off campus. Areas of faculty research include antibiotic biosynthesis and resistance, mechanisms of firefly bioluminescence, computational analysis of fluorescent proteins, organic synthesis of biologically important natural products, and investigations on porous nanoparticles. Work is funded by the National Institutes of Health, the Henry and Camille Dreyfus Foundation, The Research Corp. for Science Advancement, the Air Force Office of Scientific Research and the National Science Foundation. Many students co-author papers with faculty and present their work at major seminars.
Our faculty have taken students to study away or conduct research in South Africa, Italy, across the U.S. and in Puerto Rico. You might intern at a local hospital or biotech company, including Pfizer Inc. in nearby Groton, Conn. Special lectures are frequently given on campus by visiting researchers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Medicinal Chemistry
- Chemical Thermodynamics
- Environmental chemistry
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemistry Biology Biochemistry View 1651 other Masters in Biochemistry in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application
- School report: includes (1) college counselor recommendation, (2) official secondary school transcript with first term (quarter or trimester) grades for the current academic year and (3) mid-year report with updated grades as soon as they are available
- Two academic teacher recommendations (preferably from junior or senior year)
- Common Application Early Decision Agreement Form for EDI & EDII applicants (signed by ED applicant, college counselor and parent or legal guardian) submitted via your Common Application account
- If English is not your native language: the TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE is required.
- All non-US citizens must submit a Certification of Finances for International Students (pdf)
International75315 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 75315 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National75315 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 75315 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.