You draw on many different academic fields to do this, from art and design to math and environmental studies. In the best tradition of the liberal arts, you are encouraged to take the broadest possible view.
Your Architectural Studies offered by Connecticut College prepare you for professional school in architecture, landscape architecture, historic preservation or urban planning, or to pursue a wide range of other careers.
You work closely with faculty mentors who lead small courses and seminars. Your final integrative project might be an internship in architecture, landscape architecture, urban planning or interior design.
Students periodically visit firms and take trips to historic sites. Assignments often involve primary research. Recently, students worked with curator Stephen Fan on an exhibition at the Lyman Allyn Art Museum that explored architectural and social issues related to local Chinese immigrant communities.
International opportunities and study abroad
Most architectural studies majors spend time abroad, either in a semester-long program or a paid summer internship through the College’s Office of Career and Professional Development. You might take part in an archaeological field project in Greece, visit architectural sites in Italy with classmates, or complete an internship with an architectural firm in Germany, Spain or England.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Architectural Design Studio
- Landscape Architecture Design Studio
- Thinking Philosophically About the Environment
- Environmental Psychology
- Urban Sociology
- Environmental Studies
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture View 284 other Masters in Architecture in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application
- School report: includes (1) college counselor recommendation, (2) official secondary school transcript with first term (quarter or trimester) grades for the current academic year and (3) mid-year report with updated grades as soon as they are available
- Two academic teacher recommendations (preferably from junior or senior year)
- Common Application Early Decision Agreement Form for EDI & EDII applicants (signed by ED applicant, college counselor and parent or legal guardian) submitted via your Common Application account
- If English is not your native language: the TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE is required.
- All non-US citizens must submit a Certification of Finances for International Students (pdf)
International75315 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 75315 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National75315 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 75315 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.