Learning Goals & Outcomes
The English program at Emmanuel College prepares students to contribute to scholarly and popular discourses through mastery of the following five goals:
- Expertise in "close reading" of texts. Students will be able to analyze the form, content, and cultural meanings of works of literature and a wide array of other forms of communication and cultural expressions.
- Ability to analyze texts in context. Students will be able to understand texts in relation to a variety of contexts, including historical moments, as well as literary, cultural, and theoretical traditions.
- Ability to conduct in-depth research on complex subjects.
- Ability to write clear, polished, and persuasive prose.
- Ability to present ideas effectively through persuasive oral communication.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Irish Identities: Literature and Culture
- The Modern American Novel
- The Haves and the Have-Nots: American Authors on Money, Class and Power
- Love and Gender in British Literature and Film
- Shakespeare: Tragedies, Comedies, Histories and Romances
- The Rise of the British Novel
- The Modern British Novel: Empire and After
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Literature View 2808 other Masters in Language Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application Form
- Official Secondary School Transcript
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Standardized Test Scores (Optional)
- Proof of English Proficiency
- International Declaration of Finances
- International Student Information Form (for non-U.S. citizens)
- Certificate of Eligibility (I-20) Application Form (for non-U.S. citizens)
- Interview (recommended)
International42096 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 42096 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National42096 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 42096 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.