Learning Goals & OutcomesThe Secondary Education program from Emmanuel College is designed to develop students' abilities in the seven performance areas required for initial licensure in elementary and secondary teaching in the state of Massachusetts. Upon completion of the elementary or secondary education programs at Emmanuel, students will be able to:
- Create safe and well-managed learning environments which promote equity and collaboration among heterogeneous learners and nurture development across the cognitive, emotional and social domains.
- Plan learning experiences which involve learners as sense-makers and promote deep understanding of disciplinary ideas by engaging learners in active exploration of real-world problems, materials, and challenges, and examining student work products to make assessments of learning and teaching.
- Utilize a broad range of instructional practices, reflective of the ways of knowing in the disciplines they teach, to ensure that all learners regardless of differences in readiness, background, learning style, culture, or language competency have opportunities to learn through access to a rich curriculum.
- Forge positive relationships with families and engage in regular, two-way, culturally proficient communication with families about students and their learning, and build into the curriculum materials the richness of the cultures and heritage of the students they teach.
- Develop curricula which deepens learners' appreciation for American civic culture, its underlying ideals, founding principles and political institutions and which actualizes learners' capacities to participate and lead in their communities, both locally and globally.
- Advance issues of social justice within the classroom, school and community.
- Contribute to the knowledge base about learning, teaching and assessment and participate in a culture of reflective practice and inquiry.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- The Great American Experiment
- Adolescent Development
- Learning, Teaching and the Secondary Curriculum
- English Language Arts Instructional Methods Grades 6-12
- Managing the Classroom Learning Environment
- Mathematics for Middle School/High School
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Teaching View 972 other Masters in Teaching in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application Form
- Official Secondary School Transcript
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Standardized Test Scores (Optional)
- Proof of English Proficiency
- International Declaration of Finances
- International Student Information Form (for non-U.S. citizens)
- Certificate of Eligibility (I-20) Application Form (for non-U.S. citizens)
- Interview (recommended)
International42096 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 42096 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National42096 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 42096 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.