At Spanish and Hispanic Studies, students are encouraged to expand their knowledge of the language and culture by participating in one of the many study abroad programs offered through the Center for Global Education.
Graduates with Spanish and Hispanic Studies from Hobart and William Smith Colleges will:
- gain understanding of Spanish history, culture, and language.
- engage in critical thinking
- practice translation
- gain intercultural awareness
- analyze literary texts
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Hispanic Media: Contemporary Issues
- Spanish for the Professions
- ¡Cómo mola! Lingüística española
- Culture and Identity in Spanish America
- Voces de Mujeres
- Arte y Revolución
- Two Wars, Two Generations
- Literature and Music of the Hispanic Caribbean
- Sounds of Spanish
- Latin American Women’s Writings
- Dark Love, Gay Power: Lorca and Almodóvar
- Masterpieces of Spanish Literature
- Spanish for Conversation and Debate
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Languages View 1882 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Test scores (SAT or ACT)
- Common Application
- Official transcript and School Report from each secondary and post-secondary institution you have attended. If these documents are not in English, please provide a certified translation.
- Recommendation from a high school teacher in one of the following subject areas: English, history/social sciences, mathematics, science or foreign language.
- Mid-Year Report
- TOEFL or IELTS scores (Required if English is not your first language. Applicants must score an 80 on TOEFL or 6.5 on IELTS to be considered for admission.)
- Certification of Finances
International57400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 57400 USD per year during 48 months.
National57400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 57400 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.