As a Mathematics major at Wheaton College Illinois, you will complete a core of mathematics and supporting courses that include Calculus II, Linear Algebra, Modern Algebra, Analysis, Historical Foundations, Physics, and Computer Science.
Majors also select at least three additional elective courses in mathematics from Geometry, Probability and Statistics, Analysis II, Modern Algebra II, Math Modeling, Discrete Mathematics, as well as from other math course options.
Students who complete the mathematics major obtain a Bachelor of Science degree, unless they request a Bachelor of Arts degree.
The mathematics curriculum aims to:
- present the basic concepts and methods of modern mathematics
- develop the student's ability to think critically, analytically, logically, and using axiomatic methods, and
- apply these ideas to other disciplines
This major provides mathematical background for:
- graduate study in a mathematical discipline
- a career in an area using mathematics such as engineering, economics, statistics, or actuarial science, and
- secondary school mathematics teacher certification.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Calculus II
- Linear Algebra
- Vector Calculus
- Intro to Math Major
- Modern Algebra I
- Real Analysis I
- Differential Equations
- Math Modeling
- Applied Topics
- Prob & Stat II
- Data Structures
- Discrete Math
- Complex Analysis
- Prob & Stat I
- Modern Algebra II
- Advanced Topics
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Applied Mathematics Actuarial Science View 985 other Bachelors in Actuarial Science in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Wheaton welcomes students from all over the world. As an international student here, you’ll find your spiritual home and discover your God-given calling.
- Are you looking for an education that will prepare you not only for a livelihood but for a fulfilling life of service to Christ and his kingdom?
- Submit the Application
- The application process depends on whether you’re applying to the College of Arts and Sciences or to the Conservatory of Music.
International39100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 39100 USD per year during 48 months.
National39100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 39100 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Wheaton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.