Students concentrating in Jewish Studies at Bard College also moderate into a divisional program. Students may focus, for example, on the classic texts of rabbinic Judaism, the modern Jewish experience in Europe, or the dynamics of contemporary Jewish life in Israel or the United States.
They may focus, for example, on the classic texts of rabbinic Judaism, the modern Jewish experience in Europe, or the dynamics of contemporary Jewish life in Israel or the United States.Moderation follows the procedure for the primary program. The board consists of the student’s adviser, who is a member of the Jewish Studies concentration, and two faculty members from the divisional program. The Moderation should demonstrate progress in both Jewish Studies and the student’s divisional program. Senior Projects are directed by a member of the Jewish Studies faculty. The Senior Project board should include at least one member of the divisional program into which the student moderated.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Students are required to take a minimum of five courses in the concentration, including a core course in Jewish Studies, consisting of either Jewish Studies 101, Introduction to Jewish Studies, or one approved course from history and one from religion, such as Religion 104, Creating Judaism; History 181, Jews in the Modern World; and at least 4 credits of instruction in a Jewish language, typically Hebrew.
- When choosing Jewish Studies electives, at least one course must be outside the division of the student’s primary program; one course must be an Upper College conference or seminar; two Jewish Studies courses should be taken prior to Moderation; and two semesters of Hebrew at the 200 level count as one elective.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology View 804 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Apply using the Common Application.High School transcript (Include mid-year senior grades if available at the time you apply.)School Report (Form is generally completed by a high school counselor and includes a school profile.)Teacher recommendations (Two are required: We prefer that one recommendation come from an English or humanities instructor and one from a math or science instructor.)
- TOEFL exam or IELTS exam or Duolingo English Test (For English proficiency requirements, see below.) All international applicants who speak a foreign language other than English as their primary language must submit a completed TOEFL exam or IELTS exam or Duolingo English Test.
- Completed Certification of Finances form
International57717 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 57717 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National57717 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 57717 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.