The Principles of Physics provide the foundation for other sciences as well as engineering. Some of the examples of modern technological development from the application of physical principles include radio and television, computers, laser scanners, and communication by fiber optics. In addition, physicists explore problems in astronomy and theories for the origin and evolution of the universe.
With the Physics program at California State University East Bay students can choose between a Bachelor of Science (B.S) degree and a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) degree with a major in Physics. The B.S. degree major program is designed to give students an understanding of the fundamentals of physics including concepts of atomic and nuclear physics, classical mechanics, wave motion and sound, electromagnetism and optics, heat and thermodynamics, relativity, quantum mechanics, and elementary particles and their interactions.
Whereas the B.S. degree provides more focus, the B.A. degree major program is designed to satisfy the needs of students who require greater breadth of study across the sciences than the B.S. program can provide. Students who might be more interested in the B.A. degree, for example, would be prospective secondary-school teachers, or students who wish to pursue interdisciplinary study (e.g., in biophysics), or graduate study in professional programs (e.g., in the health sciences), business, or law in technical fields.
Program Learning Outcomes
Explain the fundamental principles of physics and be able to apply these core ideas to analyze physical processes;
- Apply quantitative reasoning and critical thinking to solve complex problems, both theoretical and experimental in nature;
- Independently learn new technical subjects and skills;
- Design, construct, assess and troubleshoot experiments, quantitatively analyze the results using appropriate statistical procedures and tests of systematic errors, and draw meaningful conclusions;
- General Chemistry
- Elements of Linear Algebra
- General Physics: Newtonian Mechanics and Oscillations
- General Physics: Thermodynamics and Optics
- General Physics: Electromagnetism
- General Physics
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPhysics Mathematics Applied Mathematics View 883 other Bachelors in Applied Mathematics in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at California State University East Bay and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- All applicants that have academic records from outside of the U.S. will be required to submit an unofficial English language translation, if the original language transcript is not in English.
- Academic records (transcripts and degree certificates, if applicable) must be prepared in the native language and accompanied by complete, literal English translations prepared by the university’s authorized official, such as the Registrar, Rector, or Recorder.
- If your studies were in the International Baccalaureate (IB) curriculum program, please submit your school transcripts for evaluation.
International16499 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16499 USD per year during 48 months.
National16499 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16499 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State6995 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6995 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Hayward
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.