Chemistry from California State University Los Angeles is designed to fit the needs of those who either plan to complete their formal education with the bachelor’s degree and obtain positions in scientific or industrial laboratories or do graduate study in chemistry.
The total number of units required for the Chemistry program of California State University Los Angeles is 120 units, of which 81 units are in the major. Consult with an advisor for the specific number of units required in all areas of the degree including GE and free electives.
Students at Chemistry from California State University Los Angeles will:
- Demonstrate fundamental knowledge, including chemical and biochemical theories, concepts, and laboratory methods.
- Understand and use scientific processes to create knowledge of molecular
- properties and behavior.
- General Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry: Quantum Mechanics and Kinetics
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesChemistry Biochemistry View 2058 other Bachelors in Biochemistry in United States
- Your secondary education must be in an academic track, intended for college/university preparation and be deemed similar in preparation to what is required of U.S. high school graduates.
- Have a minimum 3.00 GPA (on a 4.00 scale) in academic courses of the last 3 years of high school/secondary education.
- You must graduate from high school/complete your secondary education by the end of the Spring term prior to Fall enrollment
International16296 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16296 USD per year during 48 months.
National16296 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16296 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State6792 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6792 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Los Angeles
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.