As a Geology major at Macalester College, you’ll learn about the interconnectedness of the geosphere, biosphere, hydrosphere, and atmosphere; you’ll study the evolution of life on this planet over millions of years; you’ll ponder how processes deep inside the planet impact the Earth’s surface and climate; and you’ll consider how, in the age of humans and climate change, the world might evolve next.
A Geology degree will teach you:
- How the natural world around you has evolved, and continues to evolve, over time
- How study of the past can inform our understanding of climate change today
- How coveted natural resources are formed, distributed, and depleted, from the water you drink to the metals in your cell phone
- How life on our planet has evolved in conjunction with earth processes
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Exploring the Solar System
- Environmental Geology
- Dynamic Earth and Global Change
- History/Evolution of Earth
- Geological Excursions
- Field Methods
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeology View 552 other Bachelors in Geology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Create a Common Application and choose Macalester for your college list.
- $40 Application Fee
- Submit scores from either the ACT or the SAT. Self-reported test scores will be accepted in the admissions process. Admitted students who decide to enroll will be required to submit official score reports.
- For students whose primary language is not English, Macalester requires submission of TOEFL, IELTS or Duolingo English Test scores.
- Request that your secondary school(s) send Macalester official transcript(s) of all classes and grades beginning with 9th grade.
International58248 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 58248 USD per year during 48 months.
National58248 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 58248 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Saint Paul
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.