We use case studies, problem-solving, and a community-centered approach to address environmental problems at the local, national and global levels.
Our faculty bring expertise from the humanities, social sciences, physical, and biological sciences. Our affiliated faculty in other departments come from all corners of campus, including anthropology, biology, chemistry, economics, education, geography, geology, GIS, philosophy, and physics.
Our students in the Environmental Studies program at Macalester College work with faculty through summer research fellowships on tropical rainforests, climate change policy, paleoclimate, and the psychology of behavioral change.
Many students go on to conduct independent research culminating in honors theses such as how agriculture might mitigate climate change; lowering the implementation barriers to photovoltaics; and global sanitation challenges.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Environmental Science
- The Earth’s Climate System
- Environmental Politics and Policy
- U. S. Environmental History
- Environmental Classics
- Environmental Leadership Practicum
- Environmental Leadership Seminar
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Sciences View 1092 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Create a Common Application and choose Macalester for your college list.
- $40 Application Fee
- Submit scores from either the ACT or the SAT. Self-reported test scores will be accepted in the admissions process. Admitted students who decide to enroll will be required to submit official score reports.
- For students whose primary language is not English, Macalester requires submission of TOEFL, IELTS or Duolingo English Test scores.
- Request that your secondary school(s) send Macalester official transcript(s) of all classes and grades beginning with 9th grade.
International58248 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 58248 USD per year during 48 months.
National58248 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 58248 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Saint Paul
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.