Curricular offerings provide a vibrant and challenging environment for students to pursue a wide range of interests including both public school teaching and teaching in contexts that do not require state licensing (e.g., teaching abroad, private school positions, artists-in-residence, youth development and other outreach programs).
Opportunities in the Educational Studies program at Macalester College are also provided to pursue dimensions of educational studies addressing significant societal issues on local, national, and international levels (e.g., urban education, educational policy, multicultural and anti-bias education, environmental education, civic education, youth development, international and development education, aesthetic education, education for social justice).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Experiences in Education
- Educational Psychology
- Education, Community and Cultural Survival in New Orleans
- Community Youth Development in Multicultural America
- Race, Culture, and Ethnicity in Education
- Building Trust: Education in Global Perspective
- Critical Issues in Urban Education
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation View 3329 other Masters in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Create a Common Application and choose Macalester for your college list.
- $40 Application Fee
- Submit scores from either the ACT or the SAT. Self-reported test scores will be accepted in the admissions process. Admitted students who decide to enroll will be required to submit official score reports.
- For students whose primary language is not English, Macalester requires submission of TOEFL, IELTS or Duolingo English Test scores.
- Request that your secondary school(s) send Macalester official transcript(s) of all classes and grades beginning with 9th grade.
International58248 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 58248 USD per year during 48 months.
National58248 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 58248 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Saint Paul
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.