We encourage students without previous experience to try a beginning course in acting, dance, design, or playwriting. With the exception of dance technique courses, all Theater and Dance classes count towards Macalester College’s Fine Arts requirements.
The Theater and Dance Department prepares the next generation of performers, directors/choreographers, designers, researchers, technicians and playwrights. Macalester is in a privileged location for students interested in the arts, as the Twin Cities have the second highest number of theater companies per capita in the United States, after New York. Courses in Theater and Dance regularly bring students to on- and off-campus theater and dance productions.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Theatre and Performance in the Twin Cities
- Introduction to Theatre Studies
- Acting Theory and Performance
- Technical Theater
- Make-Up Design and Application
- Community-Based Theatres
- Fundamentals of Scenography
- Playwriting and Textual Analysis
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesTheatre & Dance View 1331 other Bachelors in Theatre & Dance in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Create a Common Application and choose Macalester for your college list.
- $40 Application Fee
- Submit scores from either the ACT or the SAT. Self-reported test scores will be accepted in the admissions process. Admitted students who decide to enroll will be required to submit official score reports.
- For students whose primary language is not English, Macalester requires submission of TOEFL, IELTS or Duolingo English Test scores.
- Request that your secondary school(s) send Macalester official transcript(s) of all classes and grades beginning with 9th grade.
International58248 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 58248 USD per year during 48 months.
National58248 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 58248 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Saint Paul
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.