Our program imparts necessary skills in software development, but also emphasizes a broad view of rapidly changing technology and its place in the world.
The Computer Science program at Macalester College has considerable flexibility; at the same time many courses have prerequisites. Your exact schedule will be determined only after consultation with your advisor in the department. Seeking advice on your major plan in your first year is strongly recommended because it is very important to make certain that you are getting a good start to the major in your first two years.
Macalester has a long tradition of participation and success in competitions for Mathematics, Applied Math, and Computer Science. The Competitions & Problem Solving page lists competitions students participate in, and how to get involved.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Data Science
- Computing and Society
- Core Concepts in Computer Science
- Object-Oriented Programming and Data Structures
- Ethics and the Internet
- Algorithm Design and Analysis
- Software Design and Development
- Computer Systems Organization
- Theory of Computation
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Software Engineering View 1710 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Create a Common Application and choose Macalester for your college list.
- $40 Application Fee
- Submit scores from either the ACT or the SAT. Self-reported test scores will be accepted in the admissions process. Admitted students who decide to enroll will be required to submit official score reports.
- For students whose primary language is not English, Macalester requires submission of TOEFL, IELTS or Duolingo English Test scores.
- Request that your secondary school(s) send Macalester official transcript(s) of all classes and grades beginning with 9th grade.
International58248 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 58248 USD per year during 48 months.
National58248 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 58248 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Saint Paul
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.