The major in Physics at Macalester College provides a rigorous study of many topics in the field of physics that are fundamental for every scientific and technological discipline. The physics major is particularly appropriate for students wishing to pursue graduate study in physics, astronomy, engineering, medicine and related areas, as well as for those seeking positions in technology-oriented business and industry.
For example, a double major in physics and computer science would be excellent preparation for graduate study in computer engineering.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Contemporary Concepts
- Cosmos: Perspectives and Reflections
- Modern Astronomy
- Astronomical Techniques
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics View 1273 other Masters in Physics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Create a Common Application and choose Macalester for your college list.
- $40 Application Fee
- Submit scores from either the ACT or the SAT. Self-reported test scores will be accepted in the admissions process. Admitted students who decide to enroll will be required to submit official score reports.
- For students whose primary language is not English, Macalester requires submission of TOEFL, IELTS or Duolingo English Test scores.
- Request that your secondary school(s) send Macalester official transcript(s) of all classes and grades beginning with 9th grade.
International58248 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 58248 USD per year during 48 months.
National58248 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 58248 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Saint Paul
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.