Emporia State University Elementary Education College offers a comprehensive and challenging elementary education program for you, the talented student wanting to guide tomorrow's leaders and to seek a career that offers personal satisfaction and continuous growth.
A key feature of the ESU Elementary Education program is an internship in the two-semester Professional Development School. Skills learned in the methods classes can be put into use immediately in the student intern's elementary school classroom. ESU graduates are in extremely high demand and are valued teachers in school districts all across the Midwest.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
As one of the first institutions of higher education in Kansas, Emporia State continues to pioneer educational excellence through university-wide involvement in teacher education. As an elementary education major at Emporia State, you experience educational excellence through:
- a nationally recognized teacher education program;
- classes taught by nationally recognized professors;
- an extensive observation and participation program allowing you to fully explore career options while choosing a major;
- a year-long Professional Development School (PDS) clinical experience supervised by a master teacher along with close contact with faculty at Emporia State; and
- assistance in planning your program from the Elementary Education Advising Center.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation Teaching Early Childhood Education View 3332 other Masters in Education in United States
- Original or notarized copies of all academic credentials (secondary school records, examinations results, diplomas, courses, credits completed, and grades received). Official notarized translated copies must also be sent for all non-English credentials.
- Non-native English speakers should submit official English proficiency test (TOEFL, IELTS, Duolingo English Test) scores. Non-native English speakers who do not submit a test score will need to take an English placement exam upon arrival to Emporia State University.
- Submit a financial guarantee statement certifying the sources and amounts of funding available. International students must show proof of funds on deposit for the total cost of two semesters of study at Emporia State University (one semester exchange/visiting students only need to show proof of funds for one semester).
- Send a scan of the information page in your passport. This scan must show your picture and name.
International21222 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10611 USD per semester during 48 months.
National21222 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10611 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State6970 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3485 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Kansas City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.