Students in the Biochemistry major offered by Coastal Carolina University will take introductory and advanced courses in both chemistry and biology.
Why study biochemistry at Coastal Carolina University?
- Biochemistry is a unique major that spans two very exciting disciplines. A degree is biochemistry will prepare you for a wide variety of post-graduate (M.S., Ph.D., M.D., D.O. and D.D.S) such as graduate programs in chemistry, biology, biochemistry, pharmacy, medical or dental school.
- Students will have an opportunity to work with faculty on independent research programs. Recent topics include viruses, prions, and enzyme kinetics.
- Coastal Carolina University's unique biochemistry degree offers an ability to take certain upper-level science courses so you can custom tailor your degree to the career you wish to pursue; allowing you to be more competitive.
- The state-of-the-art instrumentation and laboratory techniques provide valuable tools in your pursuit of your career.
Beyond the classroom/career options
Biochemistry majors go on to careers in a variety of areas including:
- Basic Research
- Bioinformatics Forensics
- Food Science
- Medical Doctor
- Medical Research
- Quality Control
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Cell Biology
- Biochemistry I
- Biochemistry II
- Physical Biochemistry
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Coastal Carolina University is a rolling admission school, which means we have no application deadlines.
DisciplinesBiology Bioinformatics Biochemistry View 435 other Masters in Bioinformatics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Freshman admission is based on overall performance in high school courses, grades in the 20 core courses that are required for admission, and SAT (evidence-based reading and writing plus math) and/or ACT scores.
- Apply online
- Request Secondary School Transcripts or Mark Sheets
- Request Test Scores
- Upload a copy of the photopage of your passport
International27394 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13697 USD per semester and a duration of 48 months.
National27394 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13697 USD per semester and a duration of 48 months.
In-State11640 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5820 USD per semester and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.