Learning OutcomesThe expected Student Learning Outcomes for the Physics program from Lake Forest College are:
- Laws of physics. A large fraction of observed phenomena in the physical universe is accurately described by a small number of laws. Centuries of observation, analysis and logic built the present set of equations that embody these laws. Students see the fundamental ideas of mechanics, electricity and magnetism, thermodynamics and quantum theory; these ideas are not so much the application of the laws as a discussion of the meaning of the laws.
- Problem solving. Breaking down complex situations into essential and manageable pieces is useful for almost everyone, and crucial for working physicists. This distillation allows the laws of physics to be applied to specific problems, and a well-organized report of the solution to be created.
- Measurement making.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Astronomy: The Dynamic Universe
- Astronomy: Stars and Galaxies
- Astronomy: Planetary Systems
- Light, Sound, and Waves
- Chance, Fate and Law
- General Physics
- Analytical Mechanics
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics Mechanical Engineering Astronomy & Space Sciences View 1520 other Bachelors in Physics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- High School/Secondary School Transcript
- One College Counselor Recommendation OR
- One Teacher Recommendation
- Interview (highly recommended)
- Standardized Test Scores (optional)
International47680 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 47680 USD per year during 48 months.
National47680 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 47680 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Chicago
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.