The Chemistry Department from Lake Forest College will evaluate the suitability of prerequisites that students wish to satisfy via courses transferred to the College. In these cases the department may conduct a placement assessment that will be used to evaluate students’ mastery of prerequisite material. If sufficient mastery is not demonstrated, students may need to repeat the prerequisite course at the College, before continuing through the course sequence.
The expected Student Learning Outcomes for the Chemistry Program are:
- The chemistry major will be able to demonstrate the ability to define problems clearly, develop testable hypotheses, design and execute experiments, analyze data using appropriate statistical methods, and draw appropriate conclusions.
- The chemistry major will demonstrate appropriate laboratory skills and use of instrumentation to solve problems, while understanding the fundamental uncertainties in experimental measurements and practicing good laboratory safety procedures.
- The chemistry major will demonstrate effective communication skills both orally and in writing for scientific presentation.
- The chemistry major will demonstrate ability to work in groups and learn to conduct themselves responsibly as experimentalists with respect to ethics.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Chemistry and the Environment
- Our Chemical World
- Chem of Health and Reproduction
- The Chemistry of Art
- Developing World Thirst for Energy
- Environmental Chemistry
- Learning About the Physical World
- 47 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemistry Environmental Sciences View 2045 other Bachelors in Chemistry in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- High School/Secondary School Transcript
- One College Counselor Recommendation OR
- One Teacher Recommendation
- Interview (highly recommended)
- Standardized Test Scores (optional)
International47680 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 47680 USD per year during 47 months.
National47680 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 47680 USD per year during 47 months.
Living costs for Chicago
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.