Students who plan to pursue Asian Studies at the graduate level at Lake Forest College are advised to study language through the intermediate level and above.
The expected Student Learning Outcomes for the Asian Studies Program are:
- The Asian Studies major will demonstrate an appreciation and respect for the social and political complexity and cultural diversity of Asia.
- The Asian Studies major will demonstrate a concrete understanding of Asia’s place in the contemporary world.
- The Asian Studies major will be able to command basic language skills in reading and interpreting one of the classic Asian languages.
- The Asian Studies major will demonstrate critical thinking and independent research abilities in analyzing scholarly works and documents in Asian Studies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Developing World Thirst for Energy
- Spoken Chinese for Travelers
- Chinese in the Business World
- Beginning Chinese
- Beginning Japanese
- Basic Spoken Chinese
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies History Language Studies View 1970 other Bachelors in History in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- High School/Secondary School Transcript
- One College Counselor Recommendation OR
- One Teacher Recommendation
- Interview (highly recommended)
- Standardized Test Scores (optional)
International47680 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 47680 USD per year during 48 months.
National47680 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 47680 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Chicago
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.