Engineers are needed everywhere to create new chemicals and materials, design biomedical devices, repair bridges, map water and electrical lines… the possibilities are endless! The world will always have a place for engineers as the discipline itself and all the many fields within it constantly develop and improve.
The Engineering program at Frostburg State University provides several options for meeting your individual needs. Partnering with institutions of higher education across the state of Maryland, FSU helps you choose how to best fulfill your personal goals.
- FSU B.S. in Engineering with Electrical Engineering Concentration
- FSU B.S. in Engineering with Materials Engineering Concentration
- University of Maryland College Park B.S. in Mechanical Engineering
- Work in multi-disciplinary teams with students from other departments to develop your critical thinking and communication skills.
- Use state-of-the-art engineering technology including additive manufacturing 3D print lab, robotics lab, materials testing lab, computational engineering workstations, and a variety of other great resources.
- Participate in research projects and earn the opportunity to present your work at a regional or national conference.
- Take on a work-study as a lab assistant and gain experience with the technology you will use in your career as a professional.
- Join other students in the Physics & Engineering Club, National Society of Black Engineers and American Society of Mechanical Engineers.
The outlook for engineers in general varies greatly, as there are numerous professions one can follow within the broad engineering field, such as environmental, geological or civil engineer or architect. Many engineers are employed by state and federal governments to make sure projects comply with current regulations. New construction materials and increased environmental awareness drive the generation of new rules and create demand for up-to-date engineers. For more information, visit Bureau of Labor Statistics - Engineering
- Fundamentals of Energy Engineering
- Numerical Methods in Mechanical Engineering
- Principles of Physics – Mechanics, Wavesand Oscillations
- Digital Logic Design
- Mechanics of Materials
- Electronic Circuits Lab
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
- National: FSU accepts applications on a rolling basis, starting on September 15 and continuing until there is no further space for students
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction Materials Science & Engineering Electrical Engineering View 416 other Bachelors in Materials Science & Engineering in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Frostburg State University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Complete an application for admission and submit your $45 (USD) application fee
- Send your official academic transcripts
- Provide a photocopy of your passport identification page
- Submit an international student certification of financial support
- Pass an English proficiency exam
International21320 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21320 USD per year during 48 months.
National21320 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21320 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State6834 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6834 USD per year during 48 months.
Regional Resident (Residents of Pa., Va., W.Va. and Ohio living within 120 miles of Frostburg) $15,730/year
Living costs for Frostburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.