We produce four Main Stage performances each year, as well as a number of smaller student-produced experiences to which the entire campus and Greenville community are invited. The Theatre Arts program at Furman University ranges from modern to classical, comedy to tragedy, musical to non-musical. Our students collaborate with faculty and get involved in every aspect of the production, from costumes to set design, management to promotion, lighting to sound.
Want to know where a theatre arts degree can take you? The answers may be farther reaching than you can imagine.
Studying theatre arts at Furman will give you the foundation to go anywhere in the entertainment industry. Our program produces a number of professional actors, and our graduates are also producers, costume designers, set designers, lighting and sound specialists, and theatre professors. Alumni from our program are working in TV, movies, on and off Broadway theatres, and regional theatres around the country, and in higher education.
Best of all, you’ll discover that a liberal arts degree is in high demand when you graduate. In addition to enhancing your technical skills, you’ll leave Furman knowing how to think critically, communicate effectively, learn deeply, see things from multiple perspectives, and evaluate and create collaboratively. These are skills that can be applied to any career and it’s part of the reason our graduates are so successful.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Theatre
- Costume Crafts
- Theatre History I
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesTheatre & Dance View 1234 other Masters in Theatre & Dance in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Choose an application plan
- All students may complete and submit the Common Application online. There is a $50 application fee
- Submit your school report
- Submit your high school transcript - A strong college preparatory course of study is essential. At minimum, it must include four years of English, algebra I and II, geometry, three years of social studies, at least three years of natural sciences, and two years of the same foreign language
- Participate in an Optional Interview
- Submit standardized test scores (optional) - The Admission Committee believes that your potential for success cannot be determined solely by standardized test scores
- Schedule an interview if you are home-schooled (only for national students)
International50464 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 50464 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National50464 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 50464 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.